Filed under: Cloud, SAP Labs | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @kdaprile, @kevinSAPcareers, @SAPLabsCareers, @SAPLabs_Jobs, accenture, Amazon, careers, Center, Cloud, Cloud Computing, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data Center, Datacenter, EC2, EMC, Hadoop, Hasso Plattner, HP, Hyper-v, IBM, ITIL, jobs, Linux, migration, mySAP, mySAP.com, Netweaver, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, recovery, Research, SAP, SAP Business ByDesign, SAP NetWeaver, Security, Server, SmartGtids, Storage, SUN, Sustsainability, Unix, VMWare
CIO, October 18, 2010 (Online)
Domino Sugar CIO Don Whittington wants to get rid of as much hardware as he can, keep the software and data in a nice home where they’re safe, and visit as often as he wants. In a decade as CIO, Whittington has shifted the company from traditional on-premise data-center ownership through several stages of outsourcing and abstraction. The latest stage is what Whittington and service provider Virtustream call the largest SAP implementation ever built on a public cloud-computing system. During the course of an 18-month development and migration cycle, Domino shifted its SAP system and almost all of its other enterprise systems from hosted or ASP arrangements into Virtustream’s cloud. Freedom from physical capacity planning is a huge difference in cost for end-user companies, but is only really possible in public, multitenant cloud systems on which the service provider can run as many customers as necessary to raise utilization and make operation efficient, according to Sean Hackett, research director for The 451 Group. “Even compared to an ASP model, the efficiencies a cloud provider can get with multitenant make it much more possible to charge lower fees,” Hackett says. [Also seen in: networkworld.com (USA)]
View full story: http://bit.ly/b534FZ
Senior Software Engineer – SAP Innovation Center Palo Alto, CA
For personal consideration email Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
View Full Job Description: http://bit.ly/cu8EQ5
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Innovation Center drives, promotes, and facilitates a number of high profile innovation
activities, covering a range of services from scouting, assessments and feasibility proofs, to
prototype creation, to final handover to mass-market product development.
The team is looking for talented and experienced developers who have an aptitude for quickly
learning leading-edge technologies and applying them to real world problems in the context of
Enterprise Software. Ideal candidates will have excellent problem solving and creative skills to
work in an entrepreneurial environment within a large company.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- The Developer/Senior Developer is tasked with the creation of prototypes and the first wave of productization.
- Prototypes help to prove (and also disprove) the feasibility of innovation ideas, can be used for effective reviews, and pave the way to efficiently productize innovation ideas.
- The Developer/Senior Developer focuses on the realization of emerging technologies and architectures or business-driven innovations in the context of Enterprise Software.
- The team practices a creative, highly-interactive, and Scrum based, agile innovation process and collaborates with other teams in a cross-functional setup with involvement of product developers, solution managers, community managers, user experience specialists and other domain experts.
- The team has a track record of successfully impacting SAP’s product offering in the areas of On Demand, Web 2.0, Social Networking, Rich Client Technologies, Cloud, Virtualization, Video Sharing, Analytics, Mobile, Widgets, and other areas.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent software design and development skills.
- Passion for reading up on and experimenting with new technologies.
- Good communication and presentation skills in order to be able to understand and also explain the core value of the developed prototype.
- High level of attention to detail, self-motivation and agility to prevail in a challenging, continuously changing technical landscape
- Being able to put yourself into the shoes of a user of the envisioned future product and incorporate this perspective into the development work
- Experience in various programming languages and frameworks, web application development, and technical SAP experience desired.
- First-hand experience as an innovator.
Experience working with customers, partners, and senior managers
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment