Filed under: SAP Labs | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @kdaprile, @SAPLabs_Jobs, accenture, backup, careers, Center, Cloud, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, Datacenter, EMC, Hasso Plattner, Healthcare, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Hyper-v, IBM, ITIL, jobs, Linux, migration, mySAP, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, recovery, Research, SAP, SAP Busness ByDesign, SAP Labs, SAP NetWeaver, Security, Server, SmartGtids, Storage, SUN, Unix, VMWare, Wintel-HP
The Wall Street Transcript, October 06, 2010 (Online)
In a report published by The Wall Street Transcript, John Papandrea, Senior Vice President of SAP’s health care industry business unit, discusses the Application Software sector. The report, Health Care IT, contains expert industry commentary through in-depth interviews with public company CEOs, Equity Analysts and Money Managers. SAP, Papandrea says, provides a full range of solutions to health care and life sciences companies. “Virtually all of the major life sciences companies run various components of SAP solutions that take into consideration their analytics, their supply chain, manufacturing, financial, human capital management and customer relationship management processes.” SAP also has industry-specific solutions that are used in the direct care of patients. Looking toward the future, Papandrea says there is a growing opportunity in Latin America, as some of those countries have growth in their economies. “That’s one area that we are working diligently on; the same thing in regions of Asia-Pacific,” Panadrea notes, while in regards to the US, the company is focused on taking advantage of the current economic climate and stimulus funding, as well as “the changes that are going to emerge in health care delivery between now and 2012. I believe we are positioning quite well for that.”
View full story: http://bit.ly/9jWf7E
Senior Software Engineer – SAP Innovation Center Palo Alto, CA
For personal consideration email Resume to: email@example.com
View Full Job Description: http://bit.ly/cu8EQ5
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
The SAP Innovation Center drives, promotes, and facilitates a number of high profile innovation
activities, covering a range of services from scouting, assessments and feasibility proofs, to
prototype creation, to final handover to mass-market product development.
The team is looking for talented and experienced developers who have an aptitude for quickly
learning leading-edge technologies and applying them to real world problems in the context of
Enterprise Software. Ideal candidates will have excellent problem solving and creative skills to
work in an entrepreneurial environment within a large company.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- The Developer/Senior Developer is tasked with the creation of prototypes and the first wave of productization.
- Prototypes help to prove (and also disprove) the feasibility of innovation ideas, can be used for effective reviews, and pave the way to efficiently productize innovation ideas.
- The Developer/Senior Developer focuses on the realization of emerging technologies and architectures or business-driven innovations in the context of Enterprise Software.
- The team practices a creative, highly-interactive, and Scrum based, agile innovation process and collaborates with other teams in a cross-functional setup with involvement of product developers, solution managers, community managers, user experience specialists and other domain experts.
- The team has a track record of successfully impacting SAP’s product offering in the areas of On Demand, Web 2.0, Social Networking, Rich Client Technologies, Cloud, Virtualization, Video Sharing, Analytics, Mobile, Widgets, and other areas.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Excellent software design and development skills.
- Passion for reading up on and experimenting with new technologies.
- Good communication and presentation skills in order to be able to understand and also explain the core value of the developed prototype.
- High level of attention to detail, self-motivation and agility to prevail in a challenging, continuously changing technical landscape
- Being able to put yourself into the shoes of a user of the envisioned future product and incorporate this perspective into the development work
- Experience in various programming languages and frameworks, web application development, and technical SAP experience desired.
- First-hand experience as an innovator.
Experience working with customers,
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment