Filed under: SAP Labs | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @kdaprile, @kevinSAPcareers, @SAPLabs_Jobs, accenture, Amazon, backup, Business ByDesign, Business Objects, careers, Center, Cloud, Consolidation, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, Datacenter, EC2, EMC, Hadoop, Hasso Plattner, hiring, Hitachi, HP, IBM, ITIL, jobs, Linux, migration, mySAP, mySAP.com, Netweaver, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, rationalization, Research, SAP, SAP Labs, SAP Netwever, Security, Server, SmartGtids, Storage, SUN, Unix, VMWare, Wintel-HP
InformationWeek.com, October 06, 2010 (Online)
During these times of enormous change and upheaval within the IT industry, InformationWeek reporter Bob Evans says no company is transforming itself more broadly and more deeply than SAP. Evans says SAP co-CEOs Bill McDermott and Jim Hagemann Snabe have spent the past eight months remaking the company and its vast product lines from the inside out, shredding the traditional SAP approach that Evans calls “Complexity as a Service” in favor of one that he says puts a premium on customer value, speed to value, and consumability. Two moves SAP is making to convert plans into reality include an organizational shift that elevates the SAP executive in charge of its value-engineering efforts to head of corporate strategy, and also a product rollout that typifies the accelerated and more-flexible profile SAP wants to adopt. On the management side, Evans points out that SAP has promoted senior vice president Chakib Bouhdary to corporate head of strategy, removing the “interim” qualifier that had been part of his title for a while. On the product side, Evans says SAP recently announced that its SAP Business ByDesign on-demand products will become the foundation that large enterprises can use for blending on-demand line-of-business extensions into existing on-premise enterprises, and that partners can use to create industry-specific solutions.
View full story: http://bit.ly/8ZN489
SAP Development Architect Utility Solution IS-U, SAP Custom Development, Palo Alto, CA
For personal consideration please email: email@example.com
To view full job description: http://bit.ly/bCPqhl
SAP Custom Development is a global organization dedicated to delivering innovative custom solutions to meet our customers unique business process needs. We deliver a full lifecycle of custom development services from strategic planning, risk assessment, development and quality assurance to maintenance. With development centers in US, Germany, India, China & Japan, we are able to leverage a global delivery model that utilizes the specific strengths of each location. To ensure excellence in execution, all development is delivered by following our solidly defined methodology. SAP Custom Development helps customers maximize the value of our customers’ technology investments and can ultimately help to enhance their competitive advantage.
The Solution Execution team within SAP Custom Development is chartered with executing custom development projects and related services, where success is measured by effectively leveraging our ability to deliver those projects on-time, on-budget and with superior quality. As part of the Solution Execution team, you will be responsible for high level business process and requirements analysis, architecting solutions utilizing appropriate technologies across various SAP components and application areas, creating solution definitions, functional specifications and design documents as required, overseeing development, support and training with all documentation, together with testing, production and go-live aspects according to the SAP Custom Development methodology.
• Perform high-level analysis of customer business processes and requirements to support project evaluations with proposed solutions.
• Perform detailed analysis of customer business processes and requirements to produce custom solution specifications for complex and large projects.
• Define & architect the design for custom solutions.
• Provide direction to development teams for custom solution realization and participate, as necessary, in coding, testing, documentation and maintenance support activities.
• Participate in project quality management tasks such as peer and quality reviews of specification, design documents and code reviews.
• Work closely with internal SAP, external partners and customer teams to ensure successful project completion.
• Be a multiplier of your skills by actively mentoring other technical resources on your team.
• Continually enhance existing skills and seek new areas for personal development.
• Advanced knowledge of and development skills in various components of SAP based Utility Solution (e.g. IS-U, Billing, FI-CA, Device Management, Master Data, AMI solution, CRM-based CIC etc.)
• Deep business process knowledge of Utility related industry solution
• Bachelor’s degree highly desirable, preferably in a technical related discipline.
Requires 8+ years of professional experience,
Strong ABAP development experience,
Palo Alto or Newtown Square
Ability and willingness to travel domestically (overall travel typically not more than 25%). Involving light international travel when required.
(IS-U OR Utility*) AND SAP AND Architect*
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment