Filed under: SAP Labs | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @kdaprile, @SAPLabs_Jobs, accenture, Android, backup, Business ByDesign, careers, Center, Cloud, Consulting, Cyber Security, Datacenter, EMC, google, Hasso Plattner, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Hyper-v, IBM, iPad, iPhone, ITIL, jobs, Linux, mySAP, mySAP.com, on-demand, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, rationalization, recovery, saas, SAP Labs, SAP NetWeaver, Security, Server, SmartGtids, Storage, SUN, Unix, VMWare, Wintel-HP
v3.co.uk, October 05, 2010 (Online)
SAP has announced that its Business ByDesign product is now available for use on the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch to meet the growth of mobile workers requiring access to key information on-the-go. The mobile version of the on-demand enterprise application suite can now be downloaded to iPhone devices running iOS 3.1.3 and above, and is free for any customers that use SAP’s feature pack 2.5 for Business ByDesign that was launched in July. The application offers a number of key functions, SAP explained, designed to allow managers to work remotely, either approving claims or forwarding important items such as price lists. Peter Lorenz, executive vice president of SAP’s small and midsize enterprises, said the firm had introduced the new application to provide the growing number of mobile workers with access to key software at all times. “Customers today have to run real-time businesses with a mobile workforce that needs to quickly make decisions no matter where they are,” he said. “This mobile app for SAP Business ByDesign is an integral step in delivering greater value for all users and expanding our on-demand business.” SAP also confirmed that it would be making the next version of SAP Business ByDesign available to support BlackBerry, Android, and Windows Phone 7 operating systems. [Also seen in: silicon.de (Germany)]
View full story: http://bit.ly/9U5wGe
SAP Labs Application-Server Dev. Architect, Palo Alto CA.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
For personal consideration contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAP’s Platform and Technology team within the office of the CTO (oCTO) is currently developing a next-generation, OD platform using the Cloud infrastructure with the objective of enabling SAP to deliver world-class OD applications. We are seeking highly-motivated, action-oriented leaders and offer the unique opportunity to shape an evolutionary application & platform that is a critical element of SAP’s go-forward strategy in the exciting OD segment. As an architect of application & platform you will be responsible for working with application development, platform development and solution management team to drive mission objectives through the adaption of strategic technologies (Device and Cloud Computing, Advanced Real-time Databases/Data Warehouses, Predictive Analytics, Business Analytical Applications) and then delivering strategic architectural frameworks, innovative and reusable software
components to be leveraged across SAP onDemand applications, services and Partner EcoSystem.
This includes interfacing with the research Office of the CTO, Product Strategy and Development,
Performance and Insight Optimization office, and the Extended Eco-system. The ideal candidate would be a strategist/technologist with indepth Application Server knowledge to cater business applications and platform needs. Should possess strong collaborative & leadership skills, tech savvy with latest technologies, experienced in product design and adaptation, and proven record of success in driving visionary programs out of labs. Able to commend a matrix organization and work with virtual teams across globe towards the design, development and roll-out of generic platform.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science or related technical disciplines; Masters is a plus
o Agile product development methodologies (SCRUM) is required
o Working in a fast-paced startup environment is required
o Working in a matrix environment with solution management, architects and “virtual” team members
- Required Technical Experience
o Experience with internals of one or more mainstream application servers such as WebLogic, WebSphere, and Tomcat
o Previous experience working on a large scale online transactional processing enterprise application
o Solid hands on understanding of multi-threaded development
o Understanding of O/R mapping concepts and tools (Hibernate, JDO) and other open source technologies
o Strong knowledge of commercial RDBMS
o Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills together with excellent trouble shooting skills
o Knowledge of XML, XPATH, XSLT, Xquery
o Knowledge of one or more of these technologies: GWT, Tomcat, Spring, JMS, Struts, J2EEExperience with cloud based platform such as Amazon is a must
o Knowledge of REST a MUST.
o Experience in programming languages such as Java, Ruby
o Experience in building new programming model, knowledge of DSL would be handy
o Knowledge of UI technology such as GWT, Flex is desirable
o Understanding of OLAP, ROLAP will be beneficial
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Define and blueprint/architecture technology for the applications & platform
- Delivering a competitive apps with enterprise strategy and vision to build large scale OD applications. Deliver insightful product platform with a competitive edge adhering to generic requirements in areas such as analytics, integration, collaboration, service life cycle experience, product standards, security, etc.
- Responsible for commitments on project scope, effort estimation and feasibility checks
- Passionate to understand and define business scenarios and use cases
- Strong leadership skills to shepherd the team both functionally and technically to achieve the
- Learn and evaluate internal and external technologies and fit and make recommendations
- Become an expert on select technologies
- Support and drive the team in building the above category by bringing in expertise from
technological, market or strategic competence
- Passionate to do hands on software development, working in tandem with other team
engineers when needed
- Great attitude to play multiple roles
- Be innovative and show ability to shape new technology and business models and think out
of the box
- Support key customer engagements with domain expertise and strategic perspective.
- Ability to engage with an extended team of Solution management/Marketing, Field Sales etc..
to articulate the technology and product value, will be a plus
- 10+ years building large scale enterprise and distributed applications
- Proven track record in lead and architect position for 3+ years
- Experienced with SAP technologies & tools
WHAT WE OFFER
|Contract Type:||Regular Full Time|
|Job Location:||Palo Alto, California USA|
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment