Filed under: Cloud, SAP Labs | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @SAPLabs_Jobs, accenture, backup, careers, Center, Cloud, Consolidation, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, Flash, Hasso Plattner, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Hyper-v, ITIL, jobs, Linux, migration, mySAP.com, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, rationalization, recovery, Research, saas, SAP, SAP Labs, SAP NetWeaver, Security, Server, SmartGtids, Storage, SUN, Sustsainability, Unix, Wintel-HP
SmartPlanet, September 28, 2010 (Online)
According to a panel of sustainability experts assembled by SAP, businesses must dig deeper than you might expect into their supply chain relationships in order to have a true picture of their impact. “If you want to cover the risk, you need to go all the way down,” said Peter Graf, chief sustainability officer for SAP and executive vice president of the company’s Sustainability Solutions unit. Graf says there should be three major motivators for corporate sustainability initiatives, including making the business/brand more attractive to consumers or potential customers, driving innovation, and covering the company against risk and compliance requirements. To those companies that struggle with how to incorporate sustainability initiatives into their day-to-day operations, Graf offers this hopeful perspective, “Driving data [for sustainability] is something you can do with the enterprise info that already is in place.” In other words, once you understand which information to study from within your existing business process applications, you can drive progress when it comes to sustainability.
View full story: http://smrt.io/dwbFiT
SAP Labs – Senior User Experience Designer for Sustainability Applications
View Full Job Description: http://bit.ly/azTqCL
For personal consideration contact: email@example.com
SAP is committed to delivering customer solutions to improve sustainability on a grand scale.
For more information on SAP’s long term commitment to Sustainability, please visit
<http://www.sap.com/about/SAP-sustainability>. The mission of SAP’s Sustainability User
Experience team is to provide world class user experiences for users of SAP Sustainability
Portfolio of products.
He/she designs the next generation user experience for SAP based on user research,
human-factor principles, platform style guides, market and sales drivers, business requirements,
and technical requirements. He/she identifies and drives opportunities to improve aspects of the
software-development process related to the user interface, including streamlining and
automation. Along with fellow members of the User-Experience team, the senior user interface
designer has a key role in assuring best-quality and best-practice user interface design throughout the product lifecycle.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Involvement in user research activities, including participatory design sessions.
- Interpreting business requirements into effective UI specifications.
- Definition, creation, production and review of user interface and usability requirements.
- Conceptualizing and developing use scenarios on a product level.
- Performing and reporting on task analyses.
- Creating conceptual design models.
- Creating interaction models and task flows.
- Defining information organization and screen layouts.
- Creating and demonstrating iterative prototypes (hi and low fidelity).
- Involvement in design validation activities and recommendations reporting.
- Communicating effectively within UX- and product management/ development community.
- Contributing to project planning and infrastructure initiatives.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Graduate level training in: Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Industrial Design or
other related disciplines
- Strong online or electronic portfolio which demonstrates expert-level proficiency in visual andinteractive design for business and/or consumer audiences.
- Experience in major aspects of product definition: developing user profiles, use scenarios, task flows, prototypes, and information architecture.
- Knowledge of current and upcoming desktop and cloud-based technologies.
- Active interest in gadgets, videogames, social software and media.
- Experience with prototyping, motion graphics and animation a plus.
- 5+ years of experience doing design-led product definition, design, and development in the software industry
- Five or more years experience doing user interface and user experience conceptualization,
design and specification of data-driven software in a high tech industry.
- Experience with developing user profiles, use scenarios, task flows, prototypes and
- Must have experience with two or more formal UI evaluation and requirements methods.
- Design ideation/conceptualization processes, task analyses, field studies, formal UI/UE
- Design reviews, standards and guidelines definition, and design validation testing
- Demonstrated ability to learn and design for complex business tasks and supporting
- Must be a solid team player with good writing, presentation and time management skills
- Must be able to work effectively with teams to prioritize UI issues and review the results of
user research. Experience with Sustainability, on Demand, Agile Development a plus.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment