Filed under: Mobile, SAP Labs | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @kdaprile, @SAPLabs_Jobs, accenture, Amazon, Analytics, Android, backup, Business ByDesign, careers, Center, Cloud, Consolidation, Consultant, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, Datacenter, EC2, EMC, Flash, Hadoop, Hasso Plattner, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Hyper-v, Insurance, Inventory Management, iPad, iPhone, ITIL, jobs, Linux, mySAP, mySAP.com, Netweaver, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, rationalization, recovery, Research, SAP, SAP Labs, Server, SmartGtids, Stanford, Storage, SUN, Sustsainability, Unix, VMWare, Wintel-HP
Euro am Sonntag, September 18, 2010 (Print)
SAP is preparing its own download platform for its mid-market software suite SAP Business ByDesign. It is said to be similar to Apple’s AppStore and will be launched next year, according to an internal memo seen by Euro am Sonntag. Similar to Apple users, SAP Business ByDesign customers will have an opportunity to “extend their system” there, the memo said. Market observers expect SAP might unveil the new distribution model at its developer conference SAP TechEd in mid-October or at a conference for IT analysts in December. With the launch of such a marketplace, SAP would also support external developers in sales and marketing. In mid-August, SAP co-CEO Jim Hagemann Snabe said in an interview: “I fancy something like an AppStore for SAP Business ByDesign.” An internal SAP source confirmed that the company’s preparations in the matter were in full swing. It is imaginable that the platform will be used to sell programs for mobile end devices or more complex applications to comply with customs regulations in order processing, sources said. Sales might be shared between developers and SAP. (Original article in German)
View full story: http://bit.ly/d2bvg7
SAP Development Architect Utility Solution IS-U, SAP Custom Development, Palo Alto, CA OR Newtown Square, PA
For personal consideration please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view full job description: http://bit.ly/bCPqhl
SAP Custom Development is a global organization dedicated to delivering innovative custom solutions to meet our customers unique business process needs. We deliver a full lifecycle of custom development services from strategic planning, risk assessment, development and quality assurance to maintenance. With development centers in US, Germany, India, China & Japan, we are able to leverage a global delivery model that utilizes the specific strengths of each location. To ensure excellence in execution, all development is delivered by following our solidly defined methodology. SAP Custom Development helps customers maximize the value of our customers’ technology investments and can ultimately help to enhance their competitive advantage.
The Solution Execution team within SAP Custom Development is chartered with executing custom development projects and related services, where success is measured by effectively leveraging our ability to deliver those projects on-time, on-budget and with superior quality. As part of the Solution Execution team, you will be responsible for high level business process and requirements analysis, architecting solutions utilizing appropriate technologies across various SAP components and application areas, creating solution definitions, functional specifications and design documents as required, overseeing development, support and training with all documentation, together with testing, production and go-live aspects according to the SAP Custom Development methodology.
• Perform high-level analysis of customer business processes and requirements to support project evaluations with proposed solutions.
• Perform detailed analysis of customer business processes and requirements to produce custom solution specifications for complex and large projects.
• Define & architect the design for custom solutions.
• Provide direction to development teams for custom solution realization and participate, as necessary, in coding, testing, documentation and maintenance support activities.
• Participate in project quality management tasks such as peer and quality reviews of specification, design documents and code reviews.
• Work closely with internal SAP, external partners and customer teams to ensure successful project completion.
• Be a multiplier of your skills by actively mentoring other technical resources on your team.
• Continually enhance existing skills and seek new areas for personal development.
• Advanced knowledge of and development skills in various components of SAP based Utility Solution (e.g. IS-U, Billing, FI-CA, Device Management, Master Data, AMI solution, CRM-based CIC etc.)
• Deep business process knowledge of Utility related industry solution
• Bachelor’s degree highly desirable, preferably in a technical related discipline.
Requires 8+ years of professional experience,
Strong ABAP development experience,
Palo Alto or Newtown Square
Ability and willingness to travel domestically (overall travel typically not more than 25%). Involving light international travel when required.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment