Filed under: Cloud, SAP Labs | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @kdaprile, @saplabs, accenture, Amazon, an, Analytics, Android, backup, careers, Center, Cloud, Cloud Computing, Consolidation, Consultant, Consulting, cyber identity and attribution, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, EMC, Flash, hacker, hacker tactics, Hadoop, Hasso Plattner, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Hyper-v, IBM, Insurance, Inventory Management, iPad, ipadm, iPhone, ITIL, jobs, Larry Ellison, Linux, migration, mySAP, mySAP.com, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, rationalization, recovery, Red Hat, Research, Rippert, sa, saas, SAP, SAP Labs, SAP NetWeaver, sapnews, SCI security clearance, SmartGtids, Stanford, Storage, SUN, Sustsainability, Unix, VMWare, vulnerability analysis, Wintel-HP
eWeek, August 30, 2010 (Online)
Companies that provide a convergence of on-premises and SaaS are clearing concerns for interested SMBs trying to maximize cloud and on-premises issues. According to AMI’s latest worldwide SMB Cloud Services Practice, there are roughly 750,000 small businesses and 20,000 medium-size businesses already using SaaS. In addition, the survey found by looking at today’s SaaS users, 78% of small businesses and 31% of midsize businesses are leveraging a SaaS plus on-premises mix, while approximately only a third of SaaS users are using an actual pure-SaaS product. With an anticipated growth of up to $95 billion (€75.19 billion) in global SMB cloud-related spending by 2014, the firm said it isn’t a surprise to see over half of US SMBs looking into SaaS as a potential solution. “Though cloud computing is seen as the next IT platform, the consideration of SaaS amongst SMBs as the next favorable cost-saving model is expedited by the macro situation we are in today,” said AMI Senior Associate Yedda Chew.
View full story: http://bit.ly/9IvA8R
SAP Labs Data Base Architect, Palo Alto CA
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Full Job Description: http://bit.ly/9n0QTW
For Personal Consideration: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Palo Alto, California USA
SAP’s Platform and Technology team within the office of the CTO (oCTO) is currently developing a next-generation, OD platform using the Cloud infrastructure with the objective of enabling SAP to deliver world-class OD applications. We are seeking highly-motivated, action-oriented leaders and offer the unique opportunity to shape an evolutionary application & platform that is a critical element of SAP’s go-forward strategy in the exciting OD segment. As an architect of application & platform you will be responsible for working with application development, platform development and solution management team to drive mission objectives through the adaption of strategic technologies (Device and Cloud Computing, Advanced Real-time Databases/Data Warehouses, Predictive Analytics, Business Analytical Applications) and then delivering strategic architectural frameworks, innovative and reusable software
components to be leveraged across SAP onDemand applications, services and Partner EcoSystem.
This includes interfacing with the research Office of the CTO, Product Strategy and Development,
Performance and Insight Optimization office, and the Extended Eco-system. The ideal candidate would be a strategist/technologist with indepth DB knowledge to cater business applications and platform needs. Should possess strong collaborative & leadership skills, tech savvy with latest technologies, experienced in product design and adaptation, and proven record of success in driving visionary programs out of labs. Able to commend a matrix organization and work with virtual teams across globe towards the design, development and roll-out of generic platform.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science or related technical disciplines; Masters is a plus
- Agile product development methodologies (SCRUM) is required
- Working in a fast-paced startup environment is required
- Working in a matrix environment with solution management, architects and “virtual” team members
- Required Technical Experience
- Strong database fundamentals – Design, Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability.
- Strong Data Warehouse fundamentals – Design, Schema, ETL vs ELT, Data Mart
- Understanding of analytics, OLAP & ROLAP
- Strong application engineering experience in designing high volume and highly scalable and available systems
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, XQUERY highly desirable
- Experience in designing and developing DB components using Java/ORM and PL/SQL.
- Development experience in designing and developing large scale database application
- Experience with designing and developing application that uses In Memory database.
- Designing and developing application using open source ORM frameworks like Hibernate and other DB interfaces like JDBC.
- Designing and refactoring DB systems for performance
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- 10+ years building large scale enterprise and distributed applications
- Proven track record in lead and architect position for 3+ years
- Experienced with SAP technologies & tools
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment