Filed under: SAP Labs | Tags: @kdaprile, accenture, Architect, backup, careers, Cloud, Consolidation, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, Datacenter, Electricity, EMC, Hasso Plattner, hiring, Hitachi, IBM, ITIL, mySAP, mySAP.com, Oracle, Palo Alto, PhD, rationalization, recovery, Research, SAP, SAP Labs, SAP NetWeaver, Security, Server, SmartGtids, software development, Storage, SUN, Sustsainability, Unix, VMWare, Wintel-HP
SAP Labs Development Architect for Networked Solutions
Architecture – Palo Alto, CA
For personal consideration contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Networked Solutions (NWS) is our product strategy of delivering applications on-premise,
on-demand, on-device and for orchestration with the key differentiator that all “Pieces fit
The Architecture & Innovation Services Unit is responsible for ensuring that the NWS strategy
becomes reality and its ongoing refinement.
The NWS Architecture Teams are responsible for defining the overall consistent architecture of
NWS by Network Qualities and Network Standards.
They do so in close cooperation with the teams responsible for building Networked Applications,
evolving the Business Suite or establishing the central components of the Network Fabric.
For the Overall Architecture and Network team we’re looking for development architects (f/m) to
complement our team.
As main stakeholders of NWS, e.g. LOB OD are located in Palo Alto, we’re looking for a small
team as a bridgehead within that location.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
The job involves conceptual, architecture and design aspects in strong collaboration
with the relevant application and technology development projects.
The tasks in detail:
- Stakeholder management and alignment within Palo Alto.
- Ensuring constant information flow between Palo Alto and Walldorf.
- Define the big picture of NWS Architecture.
- Work on cross-cutting architecture concepts, like Reuse, Security, Platform Decision,
- Extensibility, System Landscape.
- Drive the NWS Architecture Network to ensure consistent Roll-In and Roll-Out into the SAP
- Architecture Knowledge Transfer into the NWS development teams including coaching and
- Participate in architecture projects to define the Network Standards.
- Actively contribute to proof of concepts to verify new concepts in the Network Standards.
- Definition and alignment of respective technology requirements and detailed design work in
cooperation with other topic owners and NetWeaver contacts.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Profound understanding of the complete Software lifecycle.
- Profound business process know how and expertise in SAP solutions.
- Deep knowledge on SAP technologies as well as modeling tools and methodologies (UML, ARIS).
- Fluency in written and oral English. German in addition would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to work conceptually and independent.
- Excellent team player and proactive networking abilities – strong network within SAP
- Strong communication / presentation skills.
- At least 5 years experience in Software Development and Architecture, at least 7 years
- professional experience – track record and references required.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment