Filed under: Mobile, SAP Labs | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @kdaprile, @SAPLabs_Jobs, backup, careers, Cloud, Consolidation, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, Datacenter, EMC, employment, Flash, Hasso Plattner, hiring, Hitachi, Hyper-v, IBM, ITIL, jobs, Larry Ellison, Linux, migration, Mobile, mySAP, mySAP.com, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, rationalization, recovery, Research, SAP, SAP Labs, SAP NetWeaver, sapnews, Security, Server, Storage, SUN, Sustsainability, Unix
channelinsider.com, August 09, 2010 (Online)
On Monday, SAP and Sybase released multiple announcements focused on the mobile market. The announcements indicate that Sybase is getting ready to attack the market in an attempt to expand its mobile footprint by driving SAP mobile applications and Sybase middleware into SAP’s customer base. To demonstrate its channel momentum to the market, SAP said it has formed more than 30 new partnerships since the fourth quarter of 2009 with resellers, managed service providers, and independent software vendors (ISVs) aimed at delivering mobile applications for all-size businesses through the use of the Sybase Mobility Platform. Willie Jow, Sybase’s VP of Mobility Product Marketing, says the company is focused on enabling the channel to provide mobile solutions that greatly impact the enterprise, and is aiming to expand its mobile footprint into the SAP customer base by targeting ISVs and integrators focused on SAP’s base. “With Sybase’s reach, we can only go so far,” said Jow. “With the acquisition, the SIs are saying, ‘it’s great.’ Before, they had to source their own accounts.”
User Experience Designer-Mobile
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Taking the design of SAP’s Enterprise Applications to the next
level of design excellence is the core business of the SAP User Experience Group. Our mission is to provide a world-class user experience for end users of SAP business applications. The objective of this position is to work in close collaboration with product management and development to design and develop industry leading applications for mobile devices such as
BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, iPad, etc. The user experience designer works within a team to translate business requirements into effective UI design. He/she designs the next generation user experience for SAP based on user research, human-factor principles, platform style guides, market and sales drivers, business requirements, and technical requirements. He/she identifies and drives opportunities to improve aspects of the software-development process related to the user interface, including streamlining and
automation. Along with fellow members of the User-Experience team, the user interface designer has a key role in assuring best-quality and best-practice user interface design throughout the product lifecycle. SAP is the global market leader for business software and thus contributes a considerable part of the world’s economic power grid. At SAP you get your chance to put your ideas into action with maximum impact.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Involvement in user research activities, including participatory design sessions.
- Interpreting business requirements into effective UI specifications.
- Definition, creation, production and review of user interface and usability requirements.
- Performing and reporting on task analyses.
- Creating conceptual design models.
- Creating interaction models and task flows.
- Defining information organization and screen layouts.
- Creating and demonstrating iterative prototypes (hi and low fidelity).
- Involvement in design validation activities and recommendations reporting.
- Communicating effectively within UX- and product management/ development community.
- Contributing to project planning and infrastructure initiatives
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Graduate level training in: Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Industrial Design or
other related disciplines.
- Strong online or electronic portfolio which demonstrates expert-level proficiency in visual and
interactive design for business and/or consumer audiences.
- Experience in major aspects of product definition: developing user profiles, use scenarios,
task flows, prototypes, and information architecture.
- Knowledge of current and upcoming desktop and cloud-based technologies.
- Knowledge of major mobile platforms such as iPhone, iPad, Android, BlackBerry
- Experience with developing user profiles, use scenarios, task flows, prototypes and
- Must have experience with two or more formal UI evaluation and requirements methods.
- Design ideation/conceptualization processes, task analyses, field studies, formal UI/UE
- Design reviews, standards and guidelines definition, and design validation testing
- Demonstrated ability to learn and design for complex business tasks and supporting
- Must be a solid team player with good writing, presentation and time management skills
- Must be able to work effectively with teams to prioritize UI issues and review the results of
user research. Experience with Mobile design
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment