Filed under: SAP Labs, Sustsainability | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @kdaprile, @saplabs, @SAPLabs_Jobs, accenture, backup, careers, Cloud, Compuer Interaction, Consolidation, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data Center, Datacenter, EMC, Hasso Plattner, HCI, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, IBM, Industrial Design, ITIL, jobs, Larry Ellison, Linux, migration, Mobile, mySAP, mySAP.com, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, recovery, Research, SAP, SAP Labs, SAP NetWeaver, sapnews, SmartGtids, Sustsainability, UE, UI, User Experience, User Interface
ComputerWeekly.com, August 05, 2010 (Online)
Enterprise software maker SAP has reduced its carbon emissions by 6% in the second quarter of the year compared with the previous quarter. That is despite increased internal travel in recent months during the re-organization of SAP’s management structure, said Peter Graf, chief sustainability officer at SAP. The software maker has set a target of cutting its 2007 carbon emissions by 49% to take them back down to the levels of the year 2000 by 2020. The company reduced its overall carbon footprint by 15% in 2009, well ahead of the target of 5%, generating savings of about €90 million ($118.70 million), according to the SAP sustainability report. Graf, who is leading the initiative, expects carbon emission reductions to accelerate through the remainder of 2010. SAP is on target to achieve its aim of capping carbon emissions at 460,000 tons for the year, he said. The company plans to add to the 15 existing telepresence systems in the next 12 to 18 months to enable better internal communication and collaboration.
SAP Labs – Senior User Experience Designer for Sustainability Applications
View Full Job Description: http://bit.ly/azTqCL
For personal consideration contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
SAP is committed to delivering customer solutions to improve sustainability on a grand scale.
For more information on SAP’s long term commitment to Sustainability, please visit
<http://www.sap.com/about/SAP-sustainability>. The mission of SAP’s Sustainability User
Experience team is to provide world class user experiences for users of SAP Sustainability
Portfolio of products.
He/she designs the next generation user experience for SAP based on user research,
human-factor principles, platform style guides, market and sales drivers, business requirements,
and technical requirements. He/she identifies and drives opportunities to improve aspects of the
software-development process related to the user interface, including streamlining and
automation. Along with fellow members of the User-Experience team, the senior user interface
designer has a key role in assuring best-quality and best-practice user interface design throughout the product lifecycle.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Involvement in user research activities, including participatory design sessions.
- Interpreting business requirements into effective UI specifications.
- Definition, creation, production and review of user interface and usability requirements.
- Conceptualizing and developing use scenarios on a product level.
- Performing and reporting on task analyses.
- Creating conceptual design models.
- Creating interaction models and task flows.
- Defining information organization and screen layouts.
- Creating and demonstrating iterative prototypes (hi and low fidelity).
- Involvement in design validation activities and recommendations reporting.
- Communicating effectively within UX- and product management/ development community.
- Contributing to project planning and infrastructure initiatives.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Graduate level training in: Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Industrial Design or
other related disciplines
- Strong online or electronic portfolio which demonstrates expert-level proficiency in visual andinteractive design for business and/or consumer audiences.
- Experience in major aspects of product definition: developing user profiles, use scenarios, task flows, prototypes, and information architecture.
- Knowledge of current and upcoming desktop and cloud-based technologies.
- Active interest in gadgets, videogames, social software and media.
- Experience with prototyping, motion graphics and animation a plus.
- 5+ years of experience doing design-led product definition, design, and development in the software industry
- Five or more years experience doing user interface and user experience conceptualization,
design and specification of data-driven software in a high tech industry.
- Experience with developing user profiles, use scenarios, task flows, prototypes and
- Must have experience with two or more formal UI evaluation and requirements methods.
- Design ideation/conceptualization processes, task analyses, field studies, formal UI/UE
- Design reviews, standards and guidelines definition, and design validation testing
- Demonstrated ability to learn and design for complex business tasks and supporting
- Must be a solid team player with good writing, presentation and time management skills
- Must be able to work effectively with teams to prioritize UI issues and review the results of
user research. Experience with Sustainability, on Demand, Agile Development a plus.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment