Filed under: Cloud, Data Base, SAP Labs | Tags: @datacenterjobs, @kdaprile, @SAPLabs_Jobs, Accenture. Jobs, backup, careers, Center, Cloud, Consolidation, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, EMC, Flash, Fusion Middleware, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Hyper-v, ITIL, Java, jobs, Linux, migration, mySAP, mySAP.com, NIST, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, rationalization, Research, SAP, Security, Server, SmartGtids, Storage, SUN, Unix, VMWare, Wintel-HP
ITWeb Brainstorm, South Africa / Internet – July 21, 2010
Despite low adoption growth in South Africa, SAP plans to reach one billion consumers by 2015. According to chief technology architect, Alvin Paules, SAP currently has 35 million application users, and this number will increase with the rate of technology adoption by the new generation. Paules says standard software sales revenue is not going to drop, but instead growth is going to come to the market with these new applications. In terms of slow growth in South Africa, Paules claims that SAP will innovate in four distinct areas: on-premise, on-demand, on-device and orchestration, to hopefully boost the South African market. Analyst Arthur Goldstuck of World Wide Worx MD is still doubtful that SAP can reach the one billion consumer goal, stating, “Unless they find a way to tap into the mobile and mass market, it’s highly unlikely this can be achieved.”
SAP Labs Data Base Architect, River Team
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
Full Job Description: http://bit.ly/9n0QTW
For Personal Consideration: email@example.com
Location: Palo Alto, California USA
SAP’s Platform and Technology team within the office of the CTO (oCTO) is currently developing a next-generation, OD platform using the Cloud infrastructure with the objective of enabling SAP to deliver world-class OD applications. We are seeking highly-motivated, action-oriented leaders and offer the unique opportunity to shape an evolutionary application & platform that is a critical element of SAP’s go-forward strategy in the exciting OD segment. As an architect of application & platform you will be responsible for working with application development, platform development and solution management team to drive mission objectives through the adaption of strategic technologies (Device and Cloud Computing, Advanced Real-time Databases/Data Warehouses, Predictive Analytics, Business Analytical Applications) and then delivering strategic architectural frameworks, innovative and reusable software
components to be leveraged across SAP onDemand applications, services and Partner EcoSystem.
This includes interfacing with the research Office of the CTO, Product Strategy and Development,
Performance and Insight Optimization office, and the Extended Eco-system. The ideal candidate would be a strategist/technologist with indepth DB knowledge to cater business applications and platform needs. Should possess strong collaborative & leadership skills, tech savvy with latest technologies, experienced in product design and adaptation, and proven record of success in driving visionary programs out of labs. Able to commend a matrix organization and work with virtual teams across globe towards the design, development and roll-out of generic platform.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelors or advanced degree in computer science or related technical disciplines; Masters is a plus
- Agile product development methodologies (SCRUM) is required
- Working in a fast-paced startup environment is required
- Working in a matrix environment with solution management, architects and “virtual” team members
- Required Technical Experience
- Strong database fundamentals – Design, Performance, Security, Availability, Recoverability.
- Strong Data Warehouse fundamentals – Design, Schema, ETL vs ELT, Data Mart
- Understanding of analytics, OLAP & ROLAP
- Strong application engineering experience in designing high volume and highly scalable and available systems
- Knowledge of XML, XSLT, XQUERY highly desirable
- Experience in designing and developing DB components using Java/ORM and PL/SQL.
- Development experience in designing and developing large scale database application
- Experience with designing and developing application that uses In Memory database.
- Designing and developing application using open source ORM frameworks like Hibernate and other DB interfaces like JDBC.
- Designing and refactoring DB systems for performance
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- 10+ years building large scale enterprise and distributed applications
- Proven track record in lead and architect position for 3+ years
- Experienced with SAP technologies & tools
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment