Filed under: Accenture, Tech Lab | Tags: @accenture_jobs, @datacenterjobs, accenture, Accenture. Jobs, backup, careers, Center, Cloud, Consolidation, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, Datacenter, EMC, Flash, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Hyper-v, IBM, IRS, ITIL, Linux, migration, NIST, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, recovery, Research, Security, Server, SmartGtids, Storage, SUN, Unix, VMWare, Wintel-HP
WASHINGTON; June 15, 2010 – The U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has awarded Accenture (NYSE: ACN) a five-year contract to design, implement and operate the Return Preparer Registration (RPR) program. Under the contract, which includes a one-year base period and four one-year options, Accenture will work with the IRS to develop and maintain a new, secure system for on-line registration and renewal, user fee collection and issuance of a unique identification number for all paid tax return preparers.
The RPR program is designed to allow the IRS to regulate and improve the quality of the paid tax return preparer community by requiring registration and mandating competency level testing and annual continuing education requirements. The IRS expects that better tracking and qualification of preparers will result in increased taxpayer compliance and more uniform ethical standards of conduct for preparers.
“The RPR program is really a win-win-win situation in which the IRS will gain the ability to identify and regulate paid tax preparers, tax payers will have better information about tax preparers before selecting one, and tax return professionals will be able to differentiate themselves in this competitive market,” said Lisa M. Mascolo, managing director of Accenture’s U.S. Federal client service group.
Drawing on its current experience working for the IRS, the Accenture team will also provide customer service operations that include a call center, payment processing and fee accounting, and marketing assistance.
With paid professionals preparing almost 60 percent of all tax returns filed in the United States, the RPR program will provide the IRS with more details about this community and a method to better identify and regulate them.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 181,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$21.58 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2009. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Sr. Research Specialist, Accenture Technology Labs Cyber Security (Enhanced Situational Awareness)
View Job Description: http://bit.ly/a9EekX
Email Resumes to: email@example.com
Requisition Number: 00092205
Location – Washington, DC
Accenture Technology Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Accenture, has been turning technology innovation into business results for 20 years. Our R&D team explores new and emerging technologies to create a vision of how technology will shape the future and invent the next wave of cutting-edge business solutions. The Labs Mission is “Bold Ideas With Game Changing Results”
R&D at the Labs: Working on technology’s frontier, Accenture Technology Labs finds bold new ways to achieve high-performance for Accenture and its clients. Our differentiator? We apply new technologies to solve real-world challenges. “We combine the creativity and deep expertise of our PhDs in the Labs with the real-world knowledge and business acumen of our global network of technologists who work with clients every day,” explains Don Rippert, chief technology officer. “As a result, we are uniquely able to help CIOs and business executives envision the future and to prioritize their investments in-and use of-technology innovation to achieve high performance.”
Accenture seeks to hire an energetic research associate with programming experience to help lay the technical foundation for novel cyber security solutions. The successful candidate will build software and tools to attribute, anticipate and prevent cyber threats. You must be an agile thinker, able to work with conceptual designs and rapid prototype results to clients with federal civilian, defense/intelligence and critical infrastructure.
- Responsible for conducting scientific research related to anomaly detection, data mining, honey-pot systems and information retrieval and data visualization
- Responsible for taking algorithms, computational models and theories and then writing code that will be used in prototypes and transited into production environments
- Support the research team in publishing papers in journals
- Serve as a subject matter expert and technical resource to help respond to client proposals
- Responsible for describing new classes of vulnerabilities and analyzing zero-day exploits
- Bachelors of in Computer Science, EE, Computer Engineering or direct related field
- 3+ years experience practicing information assurance and computer network defense (CND)
- 2 +years programming skills
- 3 + years experience conducting research in areas such as: reverse engineering, intrusion detection, digital provenance, vulnerability analysis, data visualization, functional attribution
- Experience with application development and building secure solutions
- Publications at refereed conferences and journals
- Experience preparing formal System Security Plans
- Strong background of hacker tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP)
- Understanding of and experience in host/network common vulnerabilities and exploits (CVEs)
- Experience with Hadoop and MapReduce frameworks
- Experience applying machine-learning algorithms to solve information security problems
- Experience in network intrusion analysis and investigation and TCP/IP protocols
- Proficiency with IDS and SIM/SEM operation and analysis Strong
- Solid understanding of Wireshark, Snort, packet analysis
- Solid understanding of X86 assembly language
- Hands-on experience with EnCase/FTK Data Recovery Software Tools
- Strong knowledge in data models, SQL / DMBS technologies and analytics tools
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment