Filed under: Accenture, Tech Lab | Tags: @kdaprile, accenture, backup, careers, Center, Cloud, Consolidation, Consulting, Cyber Security, Data, Data Center, Datacenter, EMC, Flash, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Hyper-v, IBM, Insurance, ITIL, jobs, Linux, migration, PhD, Public Sector, rationalization, recovery, Research, SAP, Security, Server, SmartGtids, Storage, SUN, Unix, VMWare, Wintel-HP
Fortifies global position as one of SAP’s leading strategic partners
ORLANDO, Fla.; June 14, 2010 ––Accenture (NYSE: ACN) today announced it has been awarded two 2010 SAP® Pinnacle Awards. Since they were first presented in 2003, Accenture has won a total of 20 SAP Pinnacle Awards, more than any other company.
Accenture won in the following categories this year:
Revenue Contribution Services Partner – This award is determined by the amount of revenue organizations generate for SAP sales. This marks the fourth year in a row that Accenture has received this award.
SOA Thought Leadership Partner of the Year – Accenture was recognized for its extensive experience in applying service-oriented architecture (SOA) technology to SAP solution-based projects to help clients reduce costs, increase scalability and control, and improve system performance. This is the second time Accenture has received this award.
This year’s winners were selected based on over 230 nominations in 27 categories submitted by partners and SAP employees. Accenture received the awards at a special ceremony last month at SAPPHIRE® NOW, SAP’s international customer conference held in Orlando, FL.
The awards are granted to leading SAP partners that have excelled in enhancing the customer experience, addressing critical issues such as accelerating co-innovation and improving return on investment.
“Accenture, with some 39,000 professionals skilled in SAP software, delivers approximately 1,500 projects each year to clients around the globe, helping them achieve high performance,” said Mark Willford, global managing director, Accenture SAP business. “We’ve been working closely with SAP for 30 years. Such deep experience enables Accenture to consistently deliver the very best value to our clients in all industries.”
“The SAP ecosystem, through our partners and communities, continuously drives growth and success for our joint customers,” said S. Singh Mecker, senior vice president and head, Global Ecosystem and Partner Group, SAP. “Our partners play a vital role in SAP’s innovation efforts and in helping customers meet their most essential business challenges. We applaud Accenture on its commitment and dedication to the SAP partnership. They have excelled in co-innovating with SAP to deliver unparalleled value and mutual business success to our joint customers.”
For more details about the awards: www.accenture.com/sap
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 181,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$21.58 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2009. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Manager of Research, Accenture Technology Labs Cyber Security (Enhanced Situational Awareness)
Requisition Number: 00092202
View Job Description: http://bit.ly/aW6r8v
Email Resume to: email@example.com
Location – Washington, DC
R&D at the Labs: Working on technology’s frontier, Accenture Technology Labs finds bold new ways to achieve high-performance for Accenture and its clients. Our differentiator? We apply new technologies to solve real-world challenges. “We combine the creativity and deep expertise of our PhDs in the Labs with the real-world knowledge and business acumen of our global network of technologists who work with clients every day,” explains Don Rippert, chief technology officer. “As a result, we are uniquely able to help CIOs and business executives envision the future and to prioritize their investments in-and use of-technology innovation to achieve high performance.”
Accenture seeks to hire a senior researcher to lead projects in the areas of intrusion prevention and detection, attribution and anticipation of cyber threats and collaborative situational awareness. The research lead will define, manage and collaborate on new research problems and able to effectively collaborate with the science and technology community. Successful candidates will demonstrate a proven ability of presenting within workshops and interfacing with senior civilian and military leaders.
Responsible for conducting scientific research related to intrusion detection & prevention, cyber identity & attribution, data visualization and human threat factors
- Responsible for the commercialization of research outcomes either by turning work into project proposals or software/hardware products or services
- Responsible for putting in place the techniques, tactics and procedures to better understand malware behavior and mitigating advanced persistent threats
- Responsible for writing research papers and proposals and maintaining credentials through publications, presentations, external collaboration with the research community
- Pursue and capture funding from DARPA, DoD, DHS, DoE and similar agencies
- PhD in Computer Science, EE, Computer Engineering or direct related field
- 4+ years experience practicing information assurance and computer network defense (CND)
- 3 + years in program management
- 3 + years experience conducting research in areas such as: intrusion detection, situational awareness, vulnerability analysis, data visualization, cyber identity and attribution
Excellent verbal, interpersonal and communication (presentation & writing) skills and able to conduct interactive dialogues on research topics with clients
- 5+ publications at refereed conferences and journals with presentation at security forums
- 2+ years experience working with NIST SP 800-30/37/39 and NIST 800-53
- 4 + years programming skills such as Java, C/C++ and scripting language (Perl/Python/Ruby)
- Working experience with reverse malware engineering and knowledge of new attribution approaches such as DARA’s Cyber Genome Program
- Demonstrated ability to apply data mining techniques to a broad range of network, web and structured and unstructured data.
- Substantial experience with IDS/IPS, SIEM rule sets, network engineering technologies and topology
- Knowledge of federal funding procedures, regulations, policies and practice
- Proven track record of program capture is preferred
- Advanced understanding of hacker methodologies and tactics
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with senior civilian and government leaders and a deep expertise in system building, technology transfer, project management
- Strong and proven background in national security related issues
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment