Filed under: Accenture, Security, Tech Lab | Tags: @kdaprile, accenture, backup, careers, Center, Cloud, Consolidation, Consulting, Data Center, Datacenter, EMC, Flash, hiring, Hitachi, HP, Hyper-v, IBM, ITIL, jobs, Linux, migration, Oracle, PhD, Public Sector, rationalization, recovery, Research, Security, Server, SmartGtids, Storage, SUN, Unix, VMWare, Wintel-HP
WASHINGTON; June 3, 2010 – The U.S. Department of the Navy awarded Accenture (NYSE: ACN) an indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract to provide financial management services to support the Navy’s Office of Financial Operations in its implementation of the department’s Financial Improvement Program (FIP).
The IDIQ contract includes a one-year base ordering period and four one-year options. If all options are exercised, the total potential value to Accenture is $181,867,958.
The FIP’s objectives are to improve the accuracy, timeliness, and reliability of financial information for decision-making and to increase confidence in the Navy’s financial management capabilities.
“The FIP is vitally important to strengthening financial processes and systems, resulting in improved financial data quality. This is a critical initiative that aids senior Navy leaders in making better-informed decisions,” said Lisa M. Mascolo, managing director of Accenture U.S. Federal client service group.
In addition, Accenture will provide audit readiness support, including internal control documentation and training to help the Navy be prepared for future audits. Financial system improvements, including efforts to enhance data integrity and system interfaces, also are part of Accenture’s scope.
Finally, Accenture will assist the Navy in implementing solutions to identify deficiencies, including system improvements, process reengineering and implementation of guiding U.S. Department of Defense business practices. Resulting corrective actions will be considered within the scope of the contract as long as they are associated with financial improvement.
About Accenture Defense
Accenture Defense delivers strategy, operations, IT and mission services that enable defense, intelligence and federal organizations to achieve high performance and support the warfighter at speed. With the help of Accenture’s capabilities, worldwide presence and experience, clients meet mission goals, mitigate risk and realize cost savings. Visit www.accenture.com/defense.
Accenture is a global management consulting, technology services and outsourcing company, with more than 181,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Combining unparalleled experience, comprehensive capabilities across all industries and business functions, and extensive research on the world’s most successful companies, Accenture collaborates with clients to help them become high-performance businesses and governments. The company generated net revenues of US$21.58 billion for the fiscal year ended Aug. 31, 2009. Its home page is www.accenture.com.
Sr. Research Specialist, Accenture Technology Labs Cyber Security (Enhanced Situational Awareness)
View Job Description: http://bit.ly/a9EekX
Email Resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Requisition Number: 00092205
Location – Washington, DC
Accenture Technology Labs, the technology research and development (R&D) organization within Accenture, has been turning technology innovation into business results for 20 years. Our R&D team explores new and emerging technologies to create a vision of how technology will shape the future and invent the next wave of cutting-edge business solutions. The Labs Mission is “Bold Ideas With Game Changing Results”
R&D at the Labs: Working on technology’s frontier, Accenture Technology Labs finds bold new ways to achieve high-performance for Accenture and its clients. Our differentiator? We apply new technologies to solve real-world challenges. “We combine the creativity and deep expertise of our PhDs in the Labs with the real-world knowledge and business acumen of our global network of technologists who work with clients every day,” explains Don Rippert, chief technology officer. “As a result, we are uniquely able to help CIOs and business executives envision the future and to prioritize their investments in-and use of-technology innovation to achieve high performance.”
Accenture seeks to hire an energetic research associate with programming experience to help lay the technical foundation for novel cyber security solutions. The successful candidate will build software and tools to attribute, anticipate and prevent cyber threats. You must be an agile thinker, able to work with conceptual designs and rapid prototype results to clients with federal civilian, defense/intelligence and critical infrastructure.
- Responsible for conducting scientific research related to anomaly detection, data mining, honey-pot systems and information retrieval and data visualization
- Responsible for taking algorithms, computational models and theories and then writing code that will be used in prototypes and transited into production environments
- Support the research team in publishing papers in journals
- Serve as a subject matter expert and technical resource to help respond to client proposals
- Responsible for describing new classes of vulnerabilities and analyzing zero-day exploits
- Bachelors of in Computer Science, EE, Computer Engineering or direct related field
- 3+ years experience practicing information assurance and computer network defense (CND)
- 2 +years programming skills
- 3 + years experience conducting research in areas such as: reverse engineering, intrusion detection, digital provenance, vulnerability analysis, data visualization, functional attribution
- Experience with application development and building secure solutions
- Publications at refereed conferences and journals
- Experience preparing formal System Security Plans
- Strong background of hacker tactics, techniques and procedures (TTP)
- Understanding of and experience in host/network common vulnerabilities and exploits (CVEs)
- Experience with Hadoop and MapReduce frameworks
- Experience applying machine-learning algorithms to solve information security problems
- Experience in network intrusion analysis and investigation and TCP/IP protocols
- Proficiency with IDS and SIM/SEM operation and analysis Strong
- Solid understanding of Wireshark, Snort, packet analysis
- Solid understanding of X86 assembly language
- Hands-on experience with EnCase/FTK Data Recovery Software Tools
- Strong knowledge in data models, SQL / DMBS technologies and analytics tools
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment